Fast In The Morning Secret Sound Contest Rules
Written by Preston Johnson on 26 May 2021
Contest Name: “Fast in The Morning Secret Sound” (herein defined as the “Contest”)
Station: Wild 101, KWYD-FM (herein defined as the “station”)
Station Address: 5660 E. Franklin Rd. Nampa, Idaho 83687
These are the contest rules in their entirety. No other rules apply, whether implied or expressed.
Description of Contest:
- The contest is occurs on Wild 101, KWYD-FM from Monday, June 7, 2021 and will end after $3,000 in total has been awarded. Station reserves the right to extend or shorten contest period at its discretion.
- When the contest is played three times each weekday, the Wild 101, KWYD-FM announcers will ask for the correct caller to correctly guess the Secret Sound. If that person correctly identifies the sound they will win $100. The contest will then continue at 8:05am and again at 9:05am. Each contest occasion that the designated caller is unable to correctly identify the Secret Sound, the “Secret Sound” pot increases by $100 until we have a winner or until the pot reaches the $3000 maximum.
- If no contestant has correctly identified the secret sound by the time the pot reaches $3000, Wild 101, KWYD-FM will take continuous guesses on Friday June 18th, 2021 until a contestant correctly identifies the secret sound.
- Employees of Wild 101, KWYD-FM, Iliad Media Group, their parent companies and subsidiaries, or any other radio station serving the Boise, Nampa, Caldwell area, or their families are not eligible to participate.
- Important Note: By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees that any entry submitted to the Station is the sole property of Wild 101 KWYD-FM, and may be aired in whole or in excerpt by the Station. Entries submitted to the station will not be returned.
- All prize winners, including individuals selected for prize by a winning listener, must accept the Official Contest Rules and meet the contest eligibility requirements set forth herein.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to participate and win the contest and must be a legal resident of the state of Idaho. Proof of identification of age must be presented before claiming prize.
- Only persons who have not won any prize on air in the last thirty (30) days are eligible to play and win the contest.
- A person may not call on behalf of another person.
- Only one winner per household during the contest period.
- Winning Entrants must execute and return any required Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form within thirty (30) days of notification attempt prior to acceptance and receipt of any prize awarded by the Station. Winners failing to meet this condition will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will not be chosen.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for currency or other merchandise and are not transferable without approval from the Station.
- The Station reserves the right to substitute prizes with other prizes of approximately equivalent value.
- Prizes will be mailed to Contest winners unless otherwise decided upon by Wild 101, KWYD-FM.
- The Station is not responsible for loss or damage of prize when mailed.
- Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes; as well as all duties and fees, if applicable. Any U.S. winner with over $600 in cumulative prizes within a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
Release and Waiver of Liability:
- By participating in the Contest, the winner(s) agree to have their name, voice and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Contest without additional financial or other compensation, and may be required to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- By participating, each Contest Entrant waives any and all claims of liability against Wild 101, KWYD-FM, Iliad Media Group, its officers, directors, employees, agents and Contest sponsors for any damage or personal injury or loss which may occur from participation in the Contest or from the use of prizes awarded by the Station.
- Odds of winning this contest will depend on the number of entries received for the contest.
- An alternate means of participating in the contest may be achieved by mailing name, phone number and address to Wild 101 Secret Sound Contest, 5660 E. Franklin Road, Nampa, ID. 83687.
- Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Wild 101, KWYD-FM disclaims any responsibility for the inability to make or complete a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnect, acts of God or otherwise.
- All prizes must be picked up in person within 30 days after date check is cut at our studios at5660 E. Franklin Road, Nampa, ID. 83687 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, excluding holidays). Winners will be required to provide proof of identification, social security number and sign a release form acknowledging receipt of the prize. Under no circumstances will a prize be mailed to a winner.
- Wild 101, KWYD-FM reserves the right to refuse awarding any prize to a person who is determined to have violated a rule as outlined above, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained a winner status using fraudulent means. Each winner is restricted to one win during the contest.
- Winners must present a valid identification in order to claim prize. Winners must grant Wild 101, KWYD-FM the exclusive permission to use his or her name, biographical data, photograph, voice and likeness in connection with promotion of this and other contests and must waive claims of royalty, right of remuneration for such use. Each winner must waive any and all claims of liability against Salem Media Group, their affiliates and their respective employees and agents for any personal injury or loss, which may occur from participation in this contest or from use of the prize.
- Winners are responsible for federal, state and local taxes and fees if applicable. Any person winning over $600 in cumulative prizes within a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- The station management whose decision is final will decide any questions concerning these rules and the administration of the contest.
- These rules may be amended at any time by Wild 101, KWYD-FM management, without prior notice.